Friday, August 19, 2005 posted by Michael LehenbauerIt seems the summer has come to an end. I'm sitting in the airport right now, waiting for my flight back to Indy. And in two weeks, classes start back up at Rose-Hulman. I've had a great summer. It's amazing how much has happened in the past 10 weeks. There are definitely some things I'm going to miss...
- Ben, Tyler, and Yaron. It was a pleasure working with them and we definitely had some good times.
- The documentary filmmaker formerly known as Lerone. I never really got the hang of being interviewed, but he put up with me anyway and it really was fun and interesting to be in a documentary.
- Fog Creek! The people, the fun trips, the awesome computer, the free lunches, COPILOT!!!... It was all great.
- Public transportation! Subways are cool.
- Excellent food within short walking distance of anywhere you happen to be. (I'll definitely miss this when I'm back at school)
- Entertainment (broadway shows, comedy clubs, random people doing random things in random places, ...)
- The noise!!!
- Having unknown substances drip down on me while I'm walking down the street. It's amazing how often this happens. Hopefully it's just dripping air conditioning units, but it's hard to be sure.
- Elevators (I hate all the waiting).
- Crazy cab drivers.
- The lack of grass and trees and chirping birds.
- Prices (and sales tax!).
I seem to have mixed feelings about New York, but I have a feeling I'm not leaving it behind forever. In any case, it's definitely been a great summer. I couldn't have asked for much more from an internship and while I'm looking forward to going home, I'm definitely a bit sad to leave. I owe a big thanks to Joel, Michael, Liz, and the rest of the Fog Creek gang.
I guess that's it. Farewell and thanks for reading!